Thursday, June 14, 2012

Summer Rituals

I've always been a creature of habit.
It's comforting to have the same rituals every day,
it makes me feel calm and it always gives me something to look forward to. 
This summer has started with a ritual that I've come to love. 
Now, I always (always, always, ALWAYS) have my coffee when I wake up.
Not having it means that I'm either dead or near death.
 But, there are days when it feels rushed.
I quickly dump grounds in the french press,
 and let it steep for the minimum amount of time,
and slurp it without burning my mouth. 

It's a stressful way to start the day.

Now,
the weather has been beautiful,
and I've come to take advantage of my balcony
 by sitting down and sipping my coffee
while trying to keep my cats from falling off the ledge. 
The cat part makes it more tense, but also very hilarious.
I also have been adding sweetened condensed milk to the coffee,
to add the sweet with the dairy that I enjoy.

Yummy, yummy.

Here are some photos of a nice morning beginning.










No comments:

Post a Comment