Monday, March 19, 2012

Pictures, pictures, pictures

I don't have an expensive camera. 
I have a point-and-shoot that is great for having on my person at all times, and it has served me well. Also, it was a birthday gift from Adam, which makes it nicer.

I also got a food processor. That made me jump up and down. 

Seriously.

Anyway, there are times that I wish I could take good photographs. Now, I'm not saying that I'm the worst photographer, but I'm not great, I don't even know if I would say that I'm good. 
I'm still experimenting and trying new things. 
But, there are times when I think, "Man, I WISH I could take a photo as well as that person can! Awesome!"

I do what I can, with what I have. 

Adam has always said, "You really should document things in our life, have it in an online profile. So, even if no one sees it but us, we have a way to look back on things."

This is a good idea. I hate that there are certain things in my life that I have no way to look back on.

One example?

I lived in Norway for ONE YEAR and I have maybe 20 photos. Yeah, that's horrible. I spent a YEAR in one of the most beautiful places in the world and I didn't have any photos of my time there. It's pitiful.

Anyway, that's what this blog is about. Having a place to put photos, memories and ideas in one place. And while I love to post photos of my time here, I still get a little, "Meh", when I want to have better photos than I have. I know that it just takes time and practice.

But I am not a patient woman. I guess I'll have to learn.

Here are some photos that I have in my computer from the past year.

Adam and myself. Clearly the most attractive couple, EVAH!

The view from my apartment. In winter, obviously a very mild one. 

Go Sioux!

Handsome boy.

2 comments: