Friday, June 28, 2013

Summer Cravings

July is almost here, and the idea of that is just crazy to me. Like most people, I make plans of things I want to accomplish when it's a certain season. Every time the weather starts to change, I make a list of ideas and moments I want to create. And, damnit! I want to actually complete one for once!
 
Maybe putting that list here is a way to keep myself accountable, and to remind myself daily to finish it. Some of these things aren't specific activities, but more of a "feeling", if you will.
 
Cold beer, warm nights
Fall asleep in the sun (with sunscreen, of course)
Picnic in Island Park
Have one weekend with no specific plans
Hang white lights in my apartment
Go for a long drive with no particular destination in mind
Ride my bike to work
Farmer's market! I'm going to tear that shit up!
Spend at least half a day in bed doing nothing
(Can you tell I've been extremely busy?)
Make a perfect margarita
Watermelon
Tomatoes!!
Painted toenails
No makeup
Finish a new novel,
preferably something that makes me feel guilty
Walk, walk, walk
Remember how long the winter lasted,
especially the days when you feel like you will melt
 


No comments:

Post a Comment