Monday, February 27, 2012

Date Day!

It was my week for date day, and so I went with a theme: Childhood! When we got into the car, I told A. to put on a blindfold and then guess where we were going based on the turns I was taking. He didn't get 100%, but he was spot on in guessing our relative location, I was pretty impressed. Our first stop was
......................
Skateland!

                                                 A. doesn't rollerskate, he is a rollerblader, but he did very well. ;)

 We mostly played the cheap arcade games (only a quarter per game!) and only skated for a total of 10 minutes. But it was fun, even though the 5 year olds were kicking our butts on the rink. A. almost wiped out a few times, but kept his composure. ;)

     Our next stop was for food, so I took him to a place that I remember fondly from my own childhood.

The breakfast pizza coupons? No thanks.

     The pizza was great, the service was not. Unfortunately, this location seems to be on it's last leg. The game room (yeah, we wanted to play some more games, don't judge) wasn't up to snuff. There were six games out of commission and the floors were filthy and tiles were broken. A. and I were the only ones in the place, but only when we were leaving did anyone say hello and ask if we needed anything. Oh well. It didn't stop us from enjoying our delicious dinner.

It didn't take us long.

No, it did not.
If you can't tell, we really like our pizza. 
Most of our date days include this delicious food.

Handsome dining companion.

All in all, it was a wonderful date day. It's A.'s turn next week, I can't wait until the next one.

No comments:

Post a Comment